When searching the databases for information, keep the following tips in mind:
- Click on Full-Text or Full Text PDF to retrieve articles that can be read immediately.
- Click on Peer-Reviewed or Refereed to view articles from scholarly journals
- Enter in keywords rather than full sentences
- By placing quotation marks around a specific phrase, you can limit your results to items that use that exact phrase, e.g: "global warming"
The following databases cover a wide variety of subjects and mainly contain full text articles.
- Academic Onefile
Coverage of a variety of academic disciplines -- from science, technology, and medicine to the humanities. The majority of the content is peer-reviewed and available in full-text.
- General Onefile
News and periodical articles on a wide range of topics: agriculture, broadcast news, business, computers, current events, economics, education, environmental issues, general news, government, health care, hobbies, humanities, industry, law, literature and art, politics, science, social science, sports, technology, and many general interest topics.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
Discussions of current social issues --the facts, as well as the arguments, of each topic's proponents and detractors. Includes statistics, government data, legislation, and more.
- Proquest Central
Covers 160 subjects including business, education, health, humanities, law, literature, nursing, news, psychology, science, social sciences, technology, and women's studies.
Article not available in full text?
You can request it by filling out the Inter-library loan form and we will get it for you from a different library.